- In March, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said the law would cost $1.76 trillion from 2013 to 2022, nearly double the $900 billion Obama quoted in September 2009. That's only a partial picture. Beginning in 2014, the next 10 years of ObamaCare — through 2023 — will cost more than $2 trillion.
- The CBO estimates that as many as 20 million Americans will be forced out of their plans as employers toss workers into government health exchanges to avoid ObamaCare's costs.
- A survey by McKinsey and Co. found that nearly one-third of employers will likely to drop coverage for their workers once ObamaCare kicks in.
- An analysis by the Medicare actuary found that ObamaCare's attacks on Medicare's private insurance options will force nearly 8 million seniors out of the coverage they've chosen.
- Consumer costs will rise. CBO says premiums will increase over the next decade faster than they did in the past five years.
- The Affordable Care Act is just the beginning. It's the door to a single-payer government system run by a DMV-type bureaucracy.
At the close of the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Dr. James McHenry, a Maryland delegate, followed Benjamin Franklin from Independence Hall. He recorded a question asked by a lady, directed at Dr. Franklin.
The lady asked, "Well Doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?"
"A republic," replied Dr. Franklin, "if you can keep it."
IN DEFENSE OF MINORITIES!
"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Friday, June 29, 2012
Do you REALLY want ObamaCare?
- ▼ June (4)
- ► 2011 (71)
- ► 2010 (126)