At the close of the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Dr. James McHenry, a Maryland delegate, followed Benjamin Franklin from Independence Hall. He recorded a question asked by a lady, directed at Dr. Franklin.

The lady asked, "Well Doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?"

"A republic," replied Dr. Franklin, "if you can keep it."

IN DEFENSE OF MINORITIES!

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Conservative Options for 2012

There are only three potential candidates for president in 2012 that actually move me.

Chris Christie

Mike Pence

Allen West


I know that Gov. Christie isn't going to run, that Congressman Pence is running for governor and that Congressman West is too new to the political scene. However, I'm not impressed by the rest of the Republican field. They may be good people with good conservative credentials, but we need a LEADER, and they just don't pull the weight.













8 comments:

Opus #6 said...

I sure hope we get a good candidate. I hate when we have to choose between the lesser of two evils.

LL said...

Opus - the country is in such rough shape, with everyone trying to hold onto each bit of government pie that they're now tasting - that weening them/us is going to be a process that they resist.

lady di said...

I agree with your choices and do not see a front runner in the pack of declared candidates as of yet. Mr. West is new but so is what the masses choice last time up. Can this republic really be saved?

LL said...

Lady Di - If it is to be saved, We The People will have to save it.

WoFat said...

The Mormon guy would probably be the best president, but he's about as exciting as water heating. Slowly.

Race Bannon said...

I'd take the Mormon guy. I like another three or four that won't run(Kyl, Mitch Daniels, Pence, etc.), and another three or four that can't win (Gingrich, etc.)...and I fear that the electorate is that slowly boiled frog. The skin is off, the brain is no longer functioning...and Obama will win a second term.

The only way I see that not happening (all things being equal), is if the Republican Congress takes a stand. Defund. Pass bills and send them to the Senate - don't compromise.

LL said...

Race, I agree with you - we can't compromise. I don't dislike Romney, but his conservative credentials are suspect. BUT I don't think he'd do a bad job. Whether he can rally enough independent support to eliminate the Obama machine is another matter.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

I have growing concerns about Gov. Christie. He's got some progressive ideas and Islamic ties that I find appalling.

There was an error in this gadget

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed