There are several realities that most Americans (to include Canadians) and many Europeans are faced with. We as individuals have to be content with less and we need to focus on balancing our own budgets and living within our means. Ever since the 1980's Western governments have been on a spending and leveraging spree and the US/Canada and Europe hit the wall.
In the US, the Federal Reserve lowered the interest rate to nearly 0%, the Barack Hussein Obama Regime and the Democratic Party-dominated Congress enacted nearly a trillion dollars in stimulus spending that focused on pet projects. They rammed it through the legislature who didn't even have something to read about before they voted in the blind. They tried cash-for-clunkers, housing tax credits and petty tax breaks, which all ended as dismal failures.
We the People know now that:
- Bail-outs don't work. If your business has been failing for years like General Motors, it's best to let it go the way of the iron horse. Other automobile manufacturers will appear in the void.
- Stimulus only works if it's aimed at STRUCTURE including pro-growth tax reform, infrastructure investment and solid support for small businesses and start-up companies who are the true job creators. Stimulus works if it's focused on human capital.
- Trust in Congress hovers somewhere around 15%. Faith in the government can only be restored when law makers are trustworthy. Today, over 3/4 of all Americans believe that they're not. We'll see what happens with the November 2010 vote and what Republicans decide to do about it.
- The Government must CUT jobs, cut spending and allow business to grow. If it doesn't, there will be no recovery. Barack Hussein Obama is a narcissistic cretin who reads well from a teleprompter. Putting that clown in charge of a national recovery is like expecting a circus ringmaster or a sideshow barker to lead the country. He and his friends must be voted from office.
- ObamaCare is unsustainable and needs to be repealed and replaced with a common sense approach to healthcare that will not cost us trillions of dollars that we don't have.
The Democratic Party faithful seem to be distancing themselves from Obama because they understand that he's an empty suit and that the American people have recognized that. Democrats can redeem themselves by working to save the country rather than to follow the failed practices of a failed presidency. It remains to be seen whether or not they're able to take the high road or not.