At the close of the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Dr. James McHenry, a Maryland delegate, followed Benjamin Franklin from Independence Hall. He recorded a question asked by a lady, directed at Dr. Franklin.
The lady asked, "Well Doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?"
"A republic," replied Dr. Franklin, "if you can keep it."
IN DEFENSE OF MINORITIES!
"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► 2011 (71)
- Liberal Thought - and our Future
- Where is the TINGLE?
- Ground Zero Victory Mosque (redux)
- Alvin Greene Lashes Back!
- Islam Points the Way!
- Kickback Friday
- Who guards the Republic of Mexico?
- Islam vs Christianity
- Jobs and the Recovery
- Cordoba Initiative
- Obama Citizenship Issue
- obama's Imperial Presidency
- Run Down
- Can we rescue Islam from Ignorance?
- 911 Mosque - another perspective
- Should We REDUCE Taxes?
- ▼ August (16)