At the close of the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Dr. James McHenry, a Maryland delegate, followed Benjamin Franklin from Independence Hall. He recorded a question asked by a lady, directed at Dr. Franklin.
The lady asked, "Well Doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?"
"A republic," replied Dr. Franklin, "if you can keep it."
IN DEFENSE OF MINORITIES!
"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► 2011 (71)
- ► 2010 (126)
- Senatorial Bully
- Political Dissent
- More on Czars
- State-Run Media Cover-up
- Reichstag Fire (retrospective)
- What Song will we sing on 9/11 (National Service D...
- Bigger Government = Better Government?
- Response to "Amanda"
- White House Czars
- Barack Hussein Obama, Political Evangelist?
- The Political Left
- Justice for the CIA?
- GIVE and Hijacking 9/11
- National Day of Service
- Are Ordinary Americans SMART ENOUGH?
- Rationed Healthcare
- Trading Partner Statistics EXCLUDE Narcotics
- Ronald Reagan Knew About Socialism
- The Health Care Issue - once more
- Cleaning Up America
- Obama and ACORN
- Obama the Radical
- Hunger in America
- Illegal Immigration (redux)
- The City of Brass
- Mac Daddy = Successful Pimp
- Responsible Health Care Considerations
- ACORN vs PATRIOTS
- A New Scapegoat for Failure?
- Who are Obama's Shock Troops (union thugs)?
- Democrat's Bain
- Can We Trust Obama?
- Freedom for Security = Neither
- Illegal Immigration & ObamaCare
- White House Informants
- Town Hall Politics and ObamaCare
- I am NOT a Republican Party Member
- Why Obama Favors Illegal Immigrants
- ▼ August (39)