We've seen a patriotic resurgence in America prompted by the Obama Administration & the Democratic Congress pushing for the country to adopt a system of socialized medicine. Polls show that 85% of all American residents are pleased with their healthcare. The other 15%, made up of American citizens and illegal aliens feel the system does not benefit them.
Many of us feel that healthcare is not a "right" and we understand that people can go into any emergency room at any hospital for treatment with the understanding that they will be charged based on their ability to pay. Still, there seems to be a broad consensus across the US that the healthcare system we have now, which is the best in the world, needs to be improved. I can't argue that point because I agree that in addition to tort reform, we need to craft regulations that require fairness from the insurance companies that sometimes simply isn't there.
Irrespective of your views on the problem, MORE GOVERNMENT is always a bad option.
Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT) weighs in on the issue
with a balanced, intelligent solution that
doesn't include a government program.